Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Broccoli with Horseradish Sauce

Two more days and I will be done with bootcamp!  I have been super careful with the eating this week since we have our final weigh in on Friday, so please pardon the lack of posts.  The person who loses the most weight and the person who loses the most body fat will each win several sessions with a personal trainer.  I'm upping my game this week on the food and fitness front to make sure I have good shot to win!

We eat plain steamed broccoli as a side pretty often in this house.  Sometimes though, you just get a hankering for delicious sauce to drizzle over your veggies.  Rather than serve your broccoli with a calorie-laden cheese sauce, give this lighter horseradish sauce a try!  It is quick, easy, and yummy!

Broccoli with Horseradish Sauce



Ingredients
  • 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
  • 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • pinch black pepper
Directions
  1. Steam broccoli in a steamer basket or in a microwave steamer bag.
  2. Combine other ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Mix well.  Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot.  Stir.
  3. Drizzle over steamed broccoli and enjoy!
And just because I can, here is a photo of my ginormous bruise after my obstacle course accident a couple of weeks ago.  It has faded a bunch - I wish I had thought to photograph it sooner!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment