Saturday, April 23, 2011

Breakfast Mushroom Cups


Allright ya'll.  You've got to try these awesome mushroom cups.  They rocked my world last night for dinner.  I could have seriously devoured about 5 of these guys.  If making for breakfast, 1 cup per person should suffice.  For dinner, I would make at least two cups per person.  I made 4 for Brad and I last night.  I had 1 and 1/2 (though I wanted MANY MANY more) and Brad ate the rest and was still hungry.
 
Breakfast Mushroom Cups






















Ingredients
  • 4 large portobello mushroom caps
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper, divided
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup egg subsitute & 2 eggs OR 1 cup egg substitute OR 4 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese 
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions
  1.  Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet.  Spray with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender.
  2. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender.  Stir in spinach and cook until wilted.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, salt, and the remaining pepper.  Add to the pan.  Cook and stir until set.
  4. Spoon egg mixture in mushroom caps; sprinkle with cheese and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment